Thursday, February 24, 2011

Have Our Cake and Eat It Too

 On February 20, 2011, Dennis and I had the privilege of eating 3 different cakes for 3 different occasions.  Each of the cakes were delicious, each were worthy of celebrating.  One was marble, one funfetti, and one vanilla.  One was shaped like a cross, one decorated by a new mommy, and one was almost four years old. 3 cakes in one day?  I would say that was a day worth blogging about.

Lydia's Baptismal Cake. 

Olivia's First Birthday Cake.

Our Wedding Cake.
My Aunt Kathie made our wedding cake.  It was big and beautiful and delicious.  Immediately after we were married in Michigan, Dennis and I moved to Saint Louis.  The cake stayed with my Aunt Kathie in her home in Michigan.

May 19, 2007

Cutting the cake.

Yum!
When she came for Lydia's baptism she dropped of the cake at my mom's.  I was totally oblivious.  She said she had a surprise for us back at the house.  It never occurred to me our wedding cake top would be the surprise.  Dennis and I were delighted.
Older and wiser.

No comments:

Post a Comment