Saturday, August 24, 2013

Camp Arcadia

4/5 of our family vacationed at Camp Arcadia, August 17-23.  We had a fantastic time.  Dennis was on his own in adventure in the Boundary Waters in northern Minnesota.  The kids and I kicked back and relaxed on the shores of Lake Michigan.  I first learned about Camp Arcadia while working at Camp Pioneer in Angola, New York.  Both are Lutheran camps, but Arcadia is strictly a family camp while Pioneer dabbles in a variety of camping experiences.  People who visit Camp Arcadia have only wonderful things to say about their time.  I admit, I am sold on the place.  If you ever want to hear an enthusiastic explanation of Camp Arcadia, you know who to ask.  This lady.  Satisfied camper.

Lake Michigan

Nana's Room in the Inn

A small slice of heaven

Chilling

A resting camper

Picnic on the plaza

Chapel on the Lake

All aboard explorers

Swinging

Sliding with a new friend

Painting rocks in the craft shop

Nana and Isaac

Goofy kids
We shall return next summer for another week of fun.  The viewer is lucky that this blogger's camera ran out battery power three days into our trip.  I would have plastered this post with pics, alas, twelve will have to suffice.  Come back thee, to RKD.

No comments:

Post a Comment